Saturday, August 18, 2007

What A Friend in Jesus!

Last week, as usual on Sabbath we went to the church, however we didn't go to Jurong East, we went to Maranatha Church on Dunman Road. Supri and his family invited us to come there because Clarence was singing with the children choir. So we decided to go. But, we said to Supri taht we had to go back to Jurong because Fritz must have practice for the next week service with Michael team.

At 2:00 we were already in Jurong. Then Fritz practiced with his team. In the mean time I just sat and looked at them, then Mar Lar came and asked me whether I was free or not. And I said yes, then she asked whether I would join them to visit Uncle Singh in Alexandra Hospital. I agreed. As I remember, Uncle Singh is an old man, always sits at the back row, I assume he is more than 70 (I'm right!). I never speak to him, but I always notice him, I keep wondering who is his family? Is he happy or not? What is it like having a very long age? and so on, and so on. Then on our way to hospital, I thought about his name "Singh", so he must have been converted! What is it like? Why?

When we arrived, I realized that the hospital was very old, even Peter Ramdas said it was haunted. Then we met him with his family, I just knew that He is the only Adventist in his family. And this becomes his burden for so many years. We sang "This is my Father's house". Then he asked us to sing "What a Friend We have in Jesus" - I cried. We sang other songs again then prayed. I could see how happy he was when we came, he smiled and sang with us although it might be so difficult for him, and I saw that his daughters also sang. Then we went back to the church.

I thanked them for the opportunity of this. I recalled that I ever did this 5 years ago with my friends- young people in Cengkareng Church. We went to the hospital- an old man died because of cancer. We practiced in the cab, what a thrill moment. Afterward, we had another opportunity, we visitted our friend again in the hospital and sang. Gosssh! How I missed those day, as we did this ministry, our soul was full of joy. That also happened last week, I gave my voice to help people-especially sick people.

Thanks Lord for this opportunity, waiting again for another one!

No comments: